Sunday, April 26, 2009

I reject your Paint By Number scheme and substitute my own....

As many of you are aware, I've exhibited some of my work in some mighty fine art galleries from here to New Mexico. So, of course, after getting the Paint by Number bug a few days ago, I HAD to buy a kit TODAY.

Kit as bought:










Same kit pimped out with REAL acrylic paints in complete Mezzo Presto fashion because we hates the wimpy little uninspired pots of useless goop. Also observe the crock of artistically arranged paint brushes added for panache:



We'll see how it turns out. I worked on it some today, then my muse disappeared and I worked on this. Doggie included for scale:





Looks kinda like those Byzantine artifacts someone digs up, polishes, and photographs for National Geographic. And, of course it needed MORE stuff on it, so I added MORE stuff on it....







I give you Psychedelic Byzantium:



I finished the back with the same sticky felt I used on the sparkly bracelet.
Yep, those are sequins, the base is made from those cheap glass beads from our fave crafty store. The little blue glass seed beads are actually real Delicas...rescued from the bargain wall at same said fave crafty place. No, haven't put the clasp on yet.

And, this arrived last week, left on my front porch. All 500 pounds of it. It is a storage cabinet.
Here's the before shot. Doggie included for scale:




Here's the after shot:


Yeah, I know...the after shot is of it AFTER I pulled/dragged it into the house. It may take a couple of weeks to regroup and get the thing put together.
Or months.
IB, when did you say you were going to stop by for a visit????

1 comment:

  1. Excellent work on the Byzantium bracelet! As for that scrap box! Good luck and I'm sure that my flight will arrive after it's all assembled. Actually, Pizza and Kaliber and I'm there!

    ReplyDelete