Thursday, April 9, 2009

Hey TBD, this is in response to your note to me after I sent you the link to this puzzle...

The description read "These FUN puzzles have the same image on both sides. To up the challenge, the image on the back is rotated 90 degree" and you responded: FUN? THAT'S FUN?

I want you to picture this - Immortal Beloved (hereafter known as IB) orders the puzzle because IB loves puzzles. IB can't wait for the puzzle to arrive. It arrives. Excitement ensues. IB rips open the package and starts the "puzzle" ritual of taking out all the edge pieces. IB can hardly contain the excitement. IB begins..... IB looks....and looks....and continues to look....confidence begins to wane. WAIT A MATCH - two pieces put together...confidence once again builds and the excitement increases. OK, IB feels confident "I will be able to finish the puzzle". OH, another match and yet another one.... now looking, looking....looking, is this one? Nope....looking, looking, ah, here's one...nope...looking....looking HERE'S ONE - I'm sure of it...nope, frick. Confidence rating now at zero, fundar is now down to about one. IB thinks, "I'm NOT going to give up I'm NOT! Okay, maybe if I move the pieces around that will help - okay, got them moved".... looking...looking...looking.... IB, now talking outloud says, "Maybe I need better light" - more lights are turned on. "Good, I'm SURE that will help". OKAY, looking - AH two more pieces together - only 492 more to go. See, I knew that more light would help..... ten minutes pass.... twenty.... thirty.... DANG.....thirty five...CARP! Fundar down into the negative now. All of a sudden puzzle pieces FLY across the room. Kitty cat leaps up stunned by the puzzle piece rainfall and runs into the other room - more puzzle pieces are thrust into the atmosphere. IB gently stomps into the other room for a refreshing beverage and some comfort food. IB sure does LOVE puzzles. What a relaxing way to spend the evening. Only one dilemma remains - does IB pick up the renegade pieces now or in the morning? IB will vote for in the morning. Good night everybody! stoopid puzzle.

2 comments:

  1. Gently Stomps. Ya know, it takes great talent to do that and retain any shred of dignity.
    WELL DONE!
    p.s. Just use the vacuum cleaner to pick up the puzzle pieces, throw the d... thing in the trash and order a print of the balloons instead.
    Stevie Ray is waiting for me....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Johnny is wondering why I'm laughing so hard - THANKS for that suggestion. Both he and I like the idea of the vacuum! Tell Stevie hey.

    ReplyDelete