Sunday, April 19, 2009

Duct Tape Happens

Hey IB. Well, I'm back. Trip was not without incident, however. I popped open my car's sunroof and it wouldn't completely close afterward. I pushed on the hinge, trying to slide it back, then said a couple of bad words, then took it to the local dealer who announced that they did not have the part in stock to fix it. Rain was in the forecast......Long story short, went to our fave crafty place and got black Duct Tape to match the car (of course, I LOVED the RED Duct Tape, but that would have looked tacky.) It really does match better than in the picture. Really.



OMG, I can't wait to get it fixed.

And, for those that have been asking, here are some shots from what it looks like 4 minutes before a performance:



Mezzo Presto action shots:



For those who are about to Rock, I salute you:



Very exciting, no? Anyway, it killed a couple of minutes. I was going to take some shots AFTER the performance, but I was so wiped out that I didn't have the energy to reach down and dig out the camera. I crawled out to my car and had to just sit in it for about 10 minutes before I could drive back to where I was staying.

I think I need some SRV therapy. Johnny says hey.

1 comment:

  1. TBD, glad you made it back without incident. And that was a lovely repair on the sunroof. Duct tape - one of the wonders of the world! OH, I saw Val the other day - he liked the puzzle, but wasn't overly thrilled with the subject matter.

    ReplyDelete